Fulbright Foreign Student Program in Central Asia
The State Department of the United States of America and the U.S. Embassy in Bishkek are pleased to announce the new competition for Fulbright Foreign Student Program in Kyrgyzstan for master’s degrees beginning in academic year 2018 – 2019.
The Fulbright Foreign Student Program enables graduate students, young professionals, and artists, to research and study in the United States. The Fulbright Foreign Student Program is open to Kyrgyz university graduates in the arts, engineering, natural sciences, humanities and social sciences. Medicine is not eligible for a Fulbright award.
Participants will be recruited through a merit-based, open competition and chosen based upon their leadership potential, academic excellence, maturity, ability to adjust successfully to life in the U.S., strong interest in engaging Americans, and potential to promote mutual understanding between the United States and Kyrgyzstan.
- Applicants must be citizens or nationals of Kyrgyzstan or permanent residents qualified to hold a valid passport issued by the nominating country.
- Applicants must have completed their undergraduate education and hold a diploma of a degree equivalent to a U.S. Bachelor’s degree.
- Applicants holding a Master degree from U.S. university are not eligible to apply for this program.
- Applicants should have a sufficient level of English to enable them to successfully complete full-time graduate study in the U.S.
- Strong preference will be given to applicants who have not had extensive recent experience in the U.S.
- An applicant who is currently in the U.S. is ineligible for a grant.
- In order to be eligible for the program, applicants must currently reside in their country of citizenship.
- An applicant’s financial need or status should not be a factor in the selection process.
Important: All grantees are expected to return to their home countries for at least two years at the conclusion of their grant in compliance with the J-visa requirements and to promote mutual understanding.
Program Provisions: All grantees receive tuition, a monthly stipend for up to 24 months, supplemental health and accident benefits, a book and equipment allowance, travel support, and the opportunity to attend Fulbright enrichment activities.
Application Procedures and Deadline:
The Fulbright Foreign Student Program application should be completed online at the Embark website: https://apply.embark.com/student/fulbright/international/20/
You must read the Application Instructions very carefully before and during the process of filling out your application.
In addition to the online application, you must mail or hand deliver to the mail box in front of the embassy the following supplemental materials
– Signature form (1 original + 3 photocopies)
– Report on Proficiency in English (1 original + 3 photocopies)
– Transcript Release Form (ONLY if you graduated from U.S. college or university)
– Academic Records Information (ONLY if you graduated from college/university outside of the Kyrgyz Republic)
You can download the above mentioned forms from Supplemental Forms section of the on-line application.
Please see below the U.S. Embassy Address:
171 Prospect Mira, 720016
U.S. Embassy Bishkek
Public Affairs Section
Fulbright Foreign Students Program
Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic
The application deadline is April 17, 2017, by 5:00 pm.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted in the first half of August, 2017, and invited for interviews.